Under the Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Program, families who are earning less than PKR 50,000 per month can get a subsidy/discount on their monthly groceries and shopkeepers who are a part of the program get financial benefits from the Government of Pakistan.
Under the program the registered shopkeepers get the discount given to recipients reimbursed to their account and also receive 8% commission on each sale they make. Furthermore, the amount shopkeepers receive in commission is tax free. The shopkeepers receive the sale subsidy amount along with the 8% commission within 48 hours of the sale. The program aims to benefit small vendors from marginalized communities to achieve financial independence. This program is available for vendors across Pakistan, including the Newly Merged Districts (NMDs) which are now a part of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
In this article, we will discuss the eligibility criteria and process of registration for Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Program for shopkeepers.
Following is the eligibility criteria for shopkeepers to register for Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Program:
1. Any karyana/grocery store owner in Pakistan can register for the program.
2. The karyana/grocery store owner should have a bank account or must be willing to open an account with the National Bank of Pakistan.
3. The karyana/grocery store owner should possess an Android phone to use the Ehsaas Rashan Riayat app.
If you fulfill the above-mentioned criteria, you can register your karyana/grocery store with the Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Program.
Note: For registration of shopkeepers, it is important that their SIM cards are registered with their CNIC numbers.
Step by Step Registration Process
The registration process is the same through app and online.
1. After installing the app or going on online portal, you will see ‘Karyana Store Registration’ button on your screen. Click on the button.
2. Once you click on the button, a form would open on your screen. Enter your CNIC number, CNIC issue and expiry date, name of the mobile operator and mobile phone number. After which you will be asked to type a code shown in a photo.
3. Once you enter your mobile phone number, you can click the purple button given on the screen to verify your mobile phone number after which you will receive a five-digit code on your phone. Enter the code in the given box.
4. After entering the code, you will be required to enter following ‘Personal Details’ in the form,
- Full name
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Current Address, City, District and Tehsil
- Name and CNIC of Next of Kin
5. Personal information would be followed by the details of your shop. You will be required to enter the following details of your shop,
- ‘Name’ and ‘Address’ of the shop
- Name of the ‘City’, ‘District, and ‘Tehsil’ where the shop is located
- After which you can pick the name of the nearest National Bank of Pakistan from the drop-down menu.
Note: It is important to provide correct information so National Bank Pakistan staff can visit you for verification.
6. In the last section of the form, you would be asked to enter your bank account details, (if you have a bank account).
Note: Make sure you enter you 24-digit IBAN number in the form. If you do not have your IBAN number, you can get It from your cheque book or from your bank’s branch.
- If you have Easy Paisa account, open the app on your phone and go to ‘My Account’ to get your IBAN number.
- If you have Jazz Cash account, you can call ‘4444’ from your Jazz number or ‘051 111 124 444’ from any other network to talk to a Jazz Cash representative. The representative will give you your IBAN number.
7. Once you are done with filling the form, press ‘Submit Form’ button appearing in green on your screen.
Once your form is submitted, you will see a verification message on your screen which means your form is submitted.
The verification process starts once you register on the portal or app.
For Shopkeepers without Bank Accounts
Once your application is submitted on the portal or through Ehsaas application, National Bank Pakistan representatives will contact you themselves to open your bank account.
If there is a delay in contact from National Bank Pakistan’s staff side, you can visit National Bank Pakistan nearest branch, which information you had added to your form while registering.
For Shopkeepers with Bank Accounts
Shopkeepers, who already have bank accounts or who get their bank accounts made after registering with the program, will get an SMS from ‘8627’ after their verification process is completed. The SMS will have a link to Ehsaas Rashan Riayat application on Google Play Store. To download the app, use the link given in the SMS or go to the following link via your Android phone ‘Ehsaas Rashan Riayat’.
First-time Login Registration
Step by step first time login registration process is as follow,
1. When you open your Ehsaas Rashan Riayat application on your phone your mobile phone for the first time, you will see a ‘Login’ and ‘Register’ option on your screen. For those logging in for the first time, choose ‘Register’ option.
Note: On the top right corner of the app, you can see language change option on the opening screen. You can switch the app to Urdu or English as per your choice.
2. Once you press the ‘Registration’ button, you will see a ‘Terms and Conditions’ page in front of you. To enter the app, press ‘Agree’ after reading the terms and conditions.
3. After which you will be required to enter your CNIC number followed by your shop’s name and mobile phone number. Once you enter your cell phone number, you will receive a six-digit code through SMS on your phone.
4. Enter the code you get thru SMS. You will be directed to another screen where you will be required to enter a 4-digit pass code of your choice. You will use this pass code to login to the application in future.
5. After choosing your pass code. You will be redirected to the opening screen to ‘Login’. Enter your CNIC number and 4-digit code to login.
Note: Please, make sure you do not share your pass code with anyone else.
6. If your registration and verification process is not complete, your status on the application will appear as ‘Inactive’. Once it is complete, your status will change to ‘Active’.
Visit by National Bank Representative
Once your registration and verification process complete, National Bank of Pakistan representative will visit you to enter your shop’s Google Map location along with your photo on the ‘Ehsaas Rashan Riayat’ application.
National Bank Representatives will also put Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Program board or poster on your shop for identification.
Call Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Helpline
If you have any questions related to Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Program, you can call the program’s helpline on 021-111-627-627.
To receive personalized guidance on different service options in the country you can send us a private message on the Bolo Facebook Page, Monday to Friday, from 09:00 am to 05:00 pm.