In previous articles, we explained COVID-19 vaccination guidelines and steps for acquiring a COVID-19 vaccination certificate in Pakistan. While getting your COVID-19 vaccination certificate requires a simple process, in case of an error in your records, you can also easily get it fixed by following a few simple steps.
Steps Before Getting Vaccinated
Before getting vaccinated for COVID-19, every person walking into a vaccination center must first fill a slip with their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) number, SMS code received via 1166, and mobile number to register with the National Immunization Management System (NIMS) database at the vaccination center counter. It is also recommended to take a picture of the slip before heading over to the vaccination room, where the slip is handed over before vaccination.
Instructions for Correction of COVID-19 Vaccination Record
After getting vaccinated, it is likely that some individuals might find issues with their COVID-19 vaccination record. However, this can be easily corrected. The steps for modifying or correcting your COVID-19 vaccination registration data in the National Immunization Management System (NIMS) in Pakistan are mentioned below.
What Type of COVID-19 Registration Data can be Corrected?
In case you find the details of your vaccination data inaccurate, the following details can be modified:
- Correction of the name of the COVID-19 vaccine administered.
- Correction of vaccination center’s name.
- Missing details of first or second dose of the vaccine.
- Correction of vaccination date.
Method 1: Data Modification/Correction through NIMS Website
If you want to correct information in any of the above categories, please follow these steps:
- Go to NIMS website using the following link for correction of COVID-19 vaccination record.
- Enter your CNIC number or Child Registration Certificate (CRC)/B-Form number.
- Enter your CNIC issuance date.
(For CRC holders, select 'Yes' under the question "Are you CRC holder?". You would not be required to enter CNIC issuance date then)
- Enter mobile number and select network operator (Telenor, Zong, Jazz/Warid, or Ufone).
- Answer the security question.
Note: The security question is used to protect the website from bot attacks. This is a simple question (e.g. 2+2=4).
- You will receive a one-time password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. Enter OTP in the box.
- You will be directed to a new page, select the following details using the drop-down menus:
- Healthcare unit where vaccine was administered
- Select the required data for correction from the given options including:
- The vaccine type/ name is incorrect
- The vaccination center name is incorrect
- No record for a first or second dose of vaccination
- Incorrect vaccination date
Note: You can tick one or more boxes for multiple corrections.
- Lastly, explain the correction type (write message) in the vaccination record and click on Submit.
- Wait for further information regarding correction of your vaccine record from NIMS administration.
Tracking the status of your correction request
Follow these steps to check status of your request for vaccination data modification/correction.
Visit the NIMS website using here.
- Enter your CNIC number.
- Enter your complaint number given to you at the time of registering the data correction request.
- The complaint/request status will be shown.
Method 2: Correction of data by visiting the vaccination center
Alternately, you can also correct your data by visiting the vaccination center where you received your vaccination dose/s. Show your Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC), SMS message for dose/s received on your mobile via 1166, and picture of registration slip (if available). The onsite staff at the vaccination center will conduct the required correction.
Sehat Tahaffuz Helpline
You can visit the Government of Pakistan’s COVID-19 Health Advisory Platform to get more information regarding correction and modification of your vaccination data. You can also call the Sehat Tahaffuz Helpline at 1166 made available by the Ministry of National Health Services Regulations & Coordination, Government of Pakistan.
To receive personalized guidance on different service options in the country including COVID-19 vaccination, you can send us a private message on the Bolo Facebook Page, Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.