The Government of Pakistan, through the Poverty Alleviation & Social Safety Division has launched the National Poverty Graduation Initiative (NPGI). The purpose of the initiative is to provide financial support to low-income households and individuals. Under the program, the Government of Pakistan is dispersing 80,000 interest free loans every month.
In this article, we will explain the step-by-step process for obtaining loan under the 'Interest Free Loan' program.
Features of the Interest Free Loan
Following are the salient features of the program:
- Interest free loans for people with a poverty score above 40.
- Funding through Federal & Provincial Governments.
- Loan size between PKR 20,000 to PKR 75,000.
- 50% loans allocated for women.
- Special attention to applicants from marginalized segments of society, especially skilled youth, women, persons with disabilities, transgender community, Benazir Income Support Program, Zakat and Bait-ul-Maal beneficiaries.
- Disbursement of 80,000 loans every month through 1,100 loan centers across Pakistan.
- Age between 18 to 60 years.
- Applicant should have a valid Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC).
- Resident of targeted union council of the district.
- Economically viable business plan.
Where to Apply?
The interest free loan is being distributed through 22 partner organizations in rural areas, cities, and towns across the country. The information of districts, loan centers, names of partner organizations, focal persons and contact information can be found via the following links.
- Click Here for List of Loan Centers across Pakistan.
- Click here for List of Partner Organizations.
How to Apply
- Find your nearest Loan Center and note down details of Focal Person & Loan Center (Search through your District or Tehsil or Union Council’s name in the Search Bar) using the this link.
- Visit your Loan Center for further details.
- If you qualify, loan officer will fill your loan application form.
- The concerned staff will visit your home/area to verify your details.
- Loan officer will inform you if your application is approved.
- If there is no objection the loan will be processed between 2-4 weeks.
- The interest free loan cheque will be handed over to you at a scheduled time communicated to you by the loan officer.
You can visit the Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF) website for additional information on Interest Free Loans here or call this number 051-111-000-102.
You can send us a message on the Bolo Facebook page or via the Bolo website chatbox to ask us about social safety programs including interest free loans, Benazir Income Support Program, Bait-ul-Maal and other initiatives of the Government of Pakistan.